Student Curriculum Products
Teenagers are tired of vague, superficial, or nonexistent answers to their tough questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity. Just when they’re capable of diving into the deep end of their faith, all too often the church keeps them splashing around in shallow waters. As eight years of Sticky Faith research has shown, it’s not doubt or hard questions that are toxic to faith. It’s silence.
The trusted voice of the Fuller Youth Institute and proven best practices from churches around the country converge to provide you tools both to start conversations about hard questions, as well as to lead students toward discovering their own faith convictions.
Designed for use in small groups alongside the Can I Ask That Student Guide, these 8 sessions tackle the following tough questions:
- Can I trust the Bible?
- Does the Bible contradict itself?
- Can I be a Christian and believe in evolution?
- Does God discriminate against women?
- Is Jesus really the only way to God?
- What does the Bible say about being gay?
- Does God endorse violence?
- How can I follow a God who would let Christians do such bad things?
Teenagers are asking these questions with or without you.
Let it be with you.
“Young people want to connect with the Bible and ask tough questions, in a way that will not lead to formulas but renewed minds and transformed lives. Can I Ask That is designed to help them do just that.”
- John Ortberg
Based on the ground-breaking Sticky Faith research project, this 10-session book and DVD study gives youth workers a theological and philosophical framework alongside road-tested programming ideas designed to help high school students develop a solid foundation that endures through the faith struggles they will face in college.
The curriculum is designed for use by a youth leader with a group of juniors or seniors in high school, preparing for the transition out of youth ministry and into lifelong faith. The accompanying DVD includes video clips for use in teaching and reproducible handouts for each session. Note: there is not a student version of the curriculum at this time, so copies need only be purchased for leaders.
- Session One: What’s the Real Gospel?
- Session Two: How Do I See Myself After Graduation? (Free Sample)
- Session Three: How Can I Have Genuine Conversations with People of Other Faiths?
- Session Four: How Can My Faith Shape My Life and Career
- Session Five: How Can My Struggles Help My Faith Stick? (Free Sample)
- Session Six: How Can My Friends Help My Faith Stick?
- Session Seven: How Will I Respond to the Party Scene in College?
- Session Eight: How Can I Find a New Church? (Free Sample)
- Session Nine: How Can I Manage My Life after High School? (Free Sample)
- Session Ten: How Can I Experience God on a Regular Basis?
I can't say enough about the Sticky Faith Teen Curriculum. What I love most about this resource are the sections at the end that allow students to author their own journey beyond high school. Lessons dealing with how to respond to the college party scene, finding a new church in a new place, budgets/time management, and struggling through doubts are so practical to high school students. This resource does a great job dealing with each of those issues individually. The curriculum is also very teachable and the DVD that is provided serves as a great tool for the correlating lessons. I've already recommended this resource to other churches, and will continue to do so in the future.
-Matthew DePrez, Frontline Community Church, Grand Rapids, MI